OMNI Shield Terms
What is Omni Shield?
Omni Shield is a property protection guarantee that covers our supply owners (storefronts and individual consumer-owners in Omni Storefronts) from loss or damage to items rented through the Omni platform. Omni Shield is active on all Omni rentals, and items are covered up to $10,000 per item.
What is covered?
All items listed on an Omni storefront are covered for theft, loss, or damage during an Omni rental with specific exclusions, limitations, and conditions.
Exclusions and Limitations
- The following items are not covered by Omni Shield:
- Original, non-mass-produced artwork
- Precious metals
- Certain keepsakes
- Consumables of any sort
- Minor cosmetic damages that do not impact the functionality of the item
- The following causes of damage are not covered by Omni Shield:
- Normal, reasonable, or expected use of the item
- Faulty workmanship, material, construction, repair, cleaning, alteration, or design
- Deterioration, depletion, rust, corrosion, or erosion
- Changes in temperature or humidity
- Insects, animals, or vermin
- Losses or damage caused by the following are not covered by Omni Shield:
- Acts of nature
- Interruption of business and/or loss of market use
- Security risk or identity theft
- Enforcement of any law
- Military activity, hostile acts of war, terrorism, insurrection, or rebellion
- Any dishonest act, including but not limited to theft, committed by the item Owner or any persons or entities retained by the item Owner to do anything in connection with the covered item, unless such persons or entities are a responsible Renter and such act is done without the Owner’s knowledge
Terms & Conditions
- The item must not match any of the above-listed exclusions or limitations
- Damage or loss must occur during the booked time-period of an Omni rental and must be caused through the action, inaction, or negligence of the associated Renter.
- In order to qualify for Omni Shield coverage, the item Owner must have completed a check of the renter’s ID and credit card and verified through the Omni tools that both of these items match the information provided in the order details.
- Owners must notify Omni Customer Support of the loss or damage of an item within 48 hours of the scheduled completion of the associated rental, or before the next item rental begins, whichever is first.
- Omni Shield is not an insurance plan, nor is it intended to replace a traditional property insurance plan.
- Owners are expected to file a claim with their primary insurance provider before filing an Omni Shield claim. Any applicable insurance claims should be first fully resolved before an Omni Shield claim payout will be processed.
- Owners are required to provide Omni with original purchase date, cost, and purchase receipt of claimed items.
- For incident of theft, the Owner is required to file a police report and furnish a scanned or photographed copy of this report to the Omni Claims Team.
- For incident of damage, Owners are required to provide detailed photos showing the nature of the damage.
- In the event that the item is repairable, Owners are required to provide documentation of a professional repair estimate or invoice.
- Any Omni Shield payout amounts will be reduced by an amount equal to any insurance claim payouts that an Owner has received on the claimed item related to the incident.
- Any Omni Shield payouts will be reduced by an amount equal to any Omni Security Deposit payouts that an Owner has received on the claimed item related to the incident.
- Omni Shield payout amounts will be equal to the lesser of:
- Repair cost
- The cost to restore the item to the condition that it was in before damaging incident occurred. Amount determined by professional estimate or invoice (provided by Owner)
- Replacement cost
- Listed cost of an available item of comparable make, model, and condition for sale on a reputed sales site.
- Actual cash value
- Value of the item at the time of loss, taking into account original purchase cost and any applicable depreciation in value.
- Repair cost
- It is at the discretion of the Omni Claims Team as to whether an item is able to be repaired, and Omni reserves the right to make a final decision on this matter.
- Omni reserves the right to make final determination on the awarded value of any claims, including a full denial of a claim should it be determined to not qualify for the Omni Shield guarantee. All awarded amounts are determined at the discretion of the Omni Claims Team.
- Omni Shield Payouts are made through direct transfer to the Owners default payout method on their Omni account.
- If an item believed lost is later returned to an Owner, that Owner is expected to repay any associated Omni Shield payouts to Omni, or, alternatively, grant Omni full Ownership of said item.
- Any attempts to defraud, mislead, or otherwise abuse the Omni Shield program will result in the closure of all active unresolved claims without pay and deactivation of an Owner’s Omni account. Omni reserves the right to make final determination on the fraudulent nature of any communications or dealings with Omni Owners.